Are you looking for a new opportunity, career change or wishing to add a new skill to your box of tools? Do you want to Transform lives?We will be offering a variety of courses across a range of subjects.
Current courses are listed below:TRAUMATIC INCIDENT REDUCTION WORKSHOP
Next Available Courses:
19th May - 22nd May (inclusive) Now Full - Waiting List Open
14th July - 17th July (inclusive)
22nd Sep - 25th Sep (inclusive)
3rd Nov - 6th Nov (inclusive)
Time: 0845 - 1700
Price: Click here to see course fees and criteria
This workshop covers the nature of trauma, the consequences of traumatic incidents,
and the Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) technique, a one-on-one, highly structured,
yet person-centered approach to resolving the emotional charge contained
in traumas and permanently eliminating their negative after effects in a brief amount of
time. It also contains data on how past traumas may be triggered, and how unwanted
feelings, emotions, sensations, attitudes, and pains ("themes") arising from past
trauma may be traced back to their origins and eliminated. The workshop also teaches
Unblocking a technique that is highly useful in preparing a client for TIR and for
handling issues that are not directly trauma-related relationships.
Unblocking can be applied to broad areas of life (e.g. "your self-esteem", "your career", "your relationship with your spouse", etc.).
The TIR workshop presents a new paradigm of safety and effectiveness for helping others. Upon completing this training, a practitioner can expect to get good results applying what has been learned. It is recommended that the newly – trained practitioner do a post–workshop internship to quickly raise his⁄her level of skill and confidence. An internship may also be conducted long–distance.
As demonstrated through examination and supervised activities, the student will be able to:
• Explain the theory and practice of Traumatic Incident Reduction
• Explain the theory and practice of Unblocking
• Describe clients for whom TIR is not appropriate
• Predict how reactivation (triggering) affects clients' everyday lives
• Utilise communication exercises to increase rapport with clients
• Describe unresolved traumatic incidents as incomplete activity cycles
• Apply Traumatic Incident Reduction to a successful result
• Apply Unblocking to a successful result
• Use these structured, directive techniques in a client-centered way
1. Introduction to TIR
2. What is Traumatic Incident Reduction?
3. Circumstances calling for the use of TIR
4. When you can't use TIR
5. Present consequences of past traumatic incidents
6. The nature of traumatic incidents
7. Triggering of past traumas
1. End Points
2. Differences between TIR and other methods
3. The Rules of Facilitation
4. False memories
5. Emotions, acute emotions as indicators
Preparing a Client for TIR
1. Unblocking and when to use it
2. Repeating instructions without variation
3. Session outline
4. Remedial Recall List
1. Assessing in TIR
2. Finding items to address
3. Basic TIR
4. Thematic TIR
5. End Points in TIR
This workshop is appropriate for all levels of practicing Social Workers, Psychologists, Therapists, Counsellors, Clergy, Human Resources, Coaches and critical incident stress debriefers, as well as those that wish to embrace a new, challenging yet incredibly rewarding career and are passionate about helping others.
While appropriate for use in a therapeutic setting, and while its results may be viewed as therapeutic in nature, Applied Metapsychology, its methods, and techniques, are a form of highly disciplined and structured integrative education, which results in personal improvement.The structure and safety built into the subject make it well suited for community mental health and peer co-counseling.
If you are interested in attending this course, please fill out the on-line registration form and a member of the Every Mind Matters training team will get back to you within 48 hours. You can pay for the course by selecting the option from the drop down menu and pay using PayPal.
Click here to see course fees and criteria or call us on 0300 999 0939